PCGS NATIONAL COMPETITION 2020
The Philadelphia Classical Guitar Competition is part of the Annual Philadelphia Classical Guitar Festival.
There are two separate divisions:
1. The Adult Division is a national competition open to advancing classical guitarists who must be 18 years
of age by April 1st 2020 (the year of the competition) and residing
in the United States.
2. The Junior Division is open to students age 18 and under residing in the United States.
Applications and recordings are due
Due Date February ##, 2020 [TBA]
There are three rounds:
> The Preliminary round – The jury will review unmarked/anonymous recordings and select up to 12 advancing competitors from each division. Entrants will be notified if they have advanced to the semifinal round no later than March ##, 2020.
> The Semifinal round - will take place in front of a live audience in Philadelphia, PA on Saturday, April ##, 2020 Time & venue TBA, Free Admission
> The Final round will take place on the morning of Sunday, April ##, 2020 at the 2020 Philadelphia Classical Guitar Society Festival at Settlement Music School, 416 Queen St. (free parking).
Winners will be announced later the same day
at the end of the closing concert of the festival.
GUIDELINES FOR ALL PARTICIPANTS
- The Guitar Society reserves the right to cancel any competition division and return student entries and fees if insufficient entries are received.
- Entries must be received no later than 11:59pm(EST) on Feburary 15, 2019.Entries received after 11:59pm EST will not be accepted.
- The same repertoire must be performed in the Preliminary, Semifinal, and Final Rounds.
- Editing of recorded entries is not permitted and will be sufficient reason for disqualification.
- Prior first prize winners may not participate in the same division.
Questions can be directed to email@example.com